Wednesday 8 December 2010

Story Boards.

After starting my filming and uploading it to imovie I joint both my storyboards together so I know exactly where to put what.
I have chosen to use a handheld shot as the opening image as it puts the audience straight into the action, I thought the long and mid shots of the girl where something I would see in a movie of this genre. I have changed the way I am going to have my flashbacks, the black and white separates the flashbacks from the current scene, it allows the audience to differentiate between the two. The transition I originally had was something that would not be seen in a Hollywood Movie for example, instead I am going to have them fade to white which I have seen before. The flashbacks themselves show the character at a happier time in her life and are the reason she is where she is. I have chosen to have a close up of her and her boyfriend holding hands, this is a code for love and friendship. The shot of the two of them staring into each others eyes, holding hands and kissing are all code for young love and happiness. I chose to use a close up of the character when she is standing on the bridge, this allows the audience to see her facial expressions which are code for fear. The high angle shot of her at the cemetery represents her feelings; sad, low, upset etc. The over the shoulder shot when she is slitting her wrists allows the audience to be a part of the action, it lets them feel like they are right there experiencing it with her. When she is standing on the bridge I have decided to use a low angle shot as to show how she feels, she feels she can beat everything. At this point in time she feels in control.


No comments:

Post a Comment