Wednesday 24 November 2010

Story boards..

After coming across the problem with the location for my filming I found a new place to use and re drew my storyboards with a couple of changes.










I decided to open my film with a establishing shot of the bridge, this tells us where the action is about to take place, it is set in an urban area. I have chosen to use a hand-held camera at the beginning to create a sense of gritty realism, almost a documentary style. I have employed a point of view shot which allows the audience to be involved with the action to the point where they view the world through the character's perspective. I am breaking the conventional narrative structure as outlined by Todorovs. My film begins with disequilibrium to instantly engage the audience. At this point I intend to include a flashback of the character with her friends at a party, this will introduce the state of equilibrium. For the next shot I have chosen to use a long shot so we can see the character, her approach and the scenery. Throughout the opening sequence I intend to show more flashbacks as to show the audience how my character got to the point she is at. This continues to bring the equilibrium. The high angle shot I have chosen to use of the character standing on the edge of the bridge looking over is used to show the authority she believes she has over her own life. The low angle shot used later is also used for this intention. The over the shoulder shot I am going to use in one of my flashbacks allows the audience to feel apart of the action. The high angle shot I finish my opening sequence with gives an overview of the scene. It also gives the sense of her looking down on herself and what she has left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment