Wednesday 10 November 2010

Target Audience..

When creating any type of media product you need a target audience and I think the typical audience for any romantic drama is females and teenage girls but when crossing over into the genre thriller a film may appeal a bit more to males.
I want my main target audience to be teenage girls but I do not want to make a typical feminine film as I like twists and confusion. I want to aim my product at girls of around the ages 16-19 who are more than likely students either living at home or away at university, without a big income.
I believe my film will be the sort you could watch with your family, friends or parents so it could even appeal to an older audience. However while the appeal may be quite broad, my specific target audience will be young, typically feminine females.
I am going to encode my text using codes, conventions and aspects of media language as a means of conveying certain ideas to the audience. This will allow the audience to decode my product in a way that they will understand the text. I hope this will result in a preferred reading.

People that are interested in my film would also be interested in other films such as Titanic as it involves elements of tragedy and romance, The Notebook which involves elements of heartbreak or Love Actually which has aspects of all of these and also comedy. My target audience would be very caring about their appearance, be very interested in  fashion and enjoy being creative. They may enjoy shopping and love shops such as Urban Outfitters, Topshop, River Island or online stores such as Asos. These girls will love spending time with their friends, going out, having a good time, meeting new people. They may already be involved with relationships or beginning to be. They will have an idea of romance and
desire and have an idea of what they want from life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment